Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sew What Did I Do Last Week?


I looked at the calendar and suddenly realized that if I was going to make end of the year gifts for my grandchildren's teachers, I had better get going! I decided that teachers can always use a new tote so I used my Out Of Time tote pattern by Dog Under My Desk.  I ended up making four totes...now the kids have to decide which teacher gets which tote with one left over for good measure!

Yoga frog in all his glory!

I love these cats!

A little birdie told me!

Yoga cat....can't let the frogs have all the fun!

After I finished these totes, I remembered my roommate's mother's 80th birthday was coming up. So another OOT tote. This time I went a little fancier and made it out of suede with an inset of a map on front. It really turned out nicely and she loved it!
Suede and map insert

When I finished all of these totes, I realized that I have made 8 OOT totes and I do not own one for myself! So I dug around in all of my stash and found some great denim and some flowery fabric and made one for me!!!! I used webbing for the handles, added some piping to the front and even covered a button to add a bit of pizazz to the front. I think it turned out well and I really can't wait to use it.
The lining matches the front insert

On top of all the sewing, I have cut out 8 more totes for future projects and put them in ziplock bags. Everything is there, zippers, interfacing, etc so all I have to do is grab a bag when I want to sew. Hope your week was productive also!


7 comments:

  1. wow, you whipped those up pretty fast! How adorable is the yoga !!! How long does it take you to make 1 of these bags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from crazy mum quilts. Wow the teachers for your children are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were one of their teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! The teachers are going to love these. Love the one you made for yourself, too! How did D's mom like the cool suede and map bag? You are awesome! All of my friends are so envious of my mother-in-law. :) <3, m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great totes, and I like the idea of ready-to-make projects cut and waiting in ziplock bags!

    ReplyDelete