Thursday, May 12, 2016

Bigger on the Inside Backpack...what fun!

I have had Erin Gilbey's Dog Under My Desk " Bigger on the Inside Backpack" pattern for a long time. (See link at top right!) Why didn't I make it? Who knows but now that I have found it, I can't stop! I decided to make one for my daughter-in-law for the families' travels this coming summer. When I finished hers, I figured why not make one for each grandchild. I made the kids version 90% of the pattern.

I found some black and yellow fabric that I bought a long time ago along with some cute little yellow birdie lining for my daughter-in-law's. I really like how it all came together. Bright and cheery for the summer.

Here is the front with the front zipper pocket 


See the cute little birdies  in the lining...look carefully LOL!
I next made my granddaughter a Paris backpack. Since I was using two fat quarters, I didn't have enough fabric to cut out the bottom piece so I found a gray checked fabric. I am really glad that I did because I think the Paris fabric would have shown lots of dirt on the bottom.

Front of the backpack
Who doesn't love polka dots?
Bottom of bag with coordinating gray bottom
Last but not least, I made a Teenaged Mutant Turtle backpack for my grandson! He loves them and he loves green so it was a win-win situation!

All of those happy, smiling turtles!
I love this stripey green fabric with a passion! Can't tell you how many times I have used it for a project!
Here are the three backpacks together before they get mailed.
If you want a fun pattern to make, try this one! Erin's patterns are the best. She has such clear dirctions along with great pictures. You can't go wrong!

2 comments: