Monday, February 1, 2016

Neighborhood Party...Join in!

Have you heard about the "Neighborhood Party" going on over at Hilachas' Neighborhood Party?  Why not come and join us? I am having so much fun making my blocks for this party! I spent some of my weekend making two blocks. The first was a chilly winter block...what is more appropriate for someone from Florida? It is full of snow along with a cute little snowman! Just like around here........

The snow and the sky are both "glittery" as well as the snowman.



 After I finished the first one, I couldn't stop. So off I went with my second block! What to do that was a bit different? How about a group of townhouses? Sure...I have a problem picking out the fabric for one house, so why not five? A brilliant blue sky directed me to use bright and cheerful colors like you would  find in San Francisco's Painted Ladies and Charleston's Rainbow Row. I had to make so many decisions with colors and styles that it wasn't funny but it was well worth it in the end. I think I would like to live on a block like this! Wouldn't you?
I still need to add some colorful buttons for doorknobs. More decisions for color!

Here is an added block! I decided to try for a Victorian look for this block and a cute little doggie for a pet! I used some lace for the gingerbread look on the front of the house. Who wouldn't want to live in this house?


I plan on making a few more blocks so why not come join in the party? There is always room for one more!

11 comments:

  1. Those are just darling. Love the townhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are both so cute! I can't decide which I like more! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the houses! And in Philly they're called row houses instead of townhouses, but yours are so much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of your house block has a personality all its own. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these blocks! They are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having such fun looking at your different neighborhood blocks. If I didn't have so much to do, I might join in. Looks like tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are fabulous and guess what? I saw them "in person" yesterday when I visited my sis! Thanks for joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute houses, SueBee. I really enjoy seeing what everyone creates.

    ReplyDelete