Saturday, April 11, 2015

Baby Things

I spent the last week making baby items for a young girl I know who has no family around. She does have  support from her co-workers so I thought I would help out a bit also. I made a rag quilt, some rag bibs and burp clothes and wash clothes. I am hoping that this gives her a bit of help for what I know will be a tough road ahead. We know that the baby is a girl but I didn't want to overdo the "pink" thing with the quilt. I had some cheery blocks already started so I went with the bright theme. Lots of animals and bright colors!

See the cute little animals in the green and brown blocks? The bright yellow and orange make this a happy quilt!
Close up of the blocks

Then I found a fun pattern for a rag bib. I did do several pink bibs but added greens and blues, also.
The pink quilt on the bottom left has a bit of sparkle for some fun! All of the bibs are reversible.
I then decided that some bright and cheery burp clothes would be fun and I added some matching wash clothes. I always used plain white diapers...boring! I wish I had had some cute flannel ones for my kids!

Ladybugs and kitties!

I love the pink and red owls. The pink clothes are covered in butterflies and the multi-colored hearts finish out the burp clothes.
I had so much fun making all of these baby things! I have another friend who has a new granddaughter coming in June so I am planning a rag quilt and bibs for her. Can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

  1. These look really cute and will be very useful. I am sure she appreciates having support from her co-workers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! They're adorable. I see you had so much fun! How's everything? I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete